In the event of a flood that may cause damage to tenant property or affect the normal operation of the building, designated tenant representatives will be contacted by Property Management personnel, regardless of the time of day.
The first priority is to ensure that no personal injury occurs as the result of a flood. The second priority is to discover the cause and prevent or minimize additional flooding.
Once the flooding has been contained, clean-up operations will be commenced. Tenants will need to contact their insurance carrier for any damage to their property.
- Be ready to evacuate as directed by the Emergency Coordinator and/or the designated official.
- Follow the recommended primary or secondary evacuation routes.
- Climb to high ground and stay there.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood water.
- If car stalls, abandon it immediately and climb to a higher ground.