Standard Rules and Regulations
1. The rights of tenants in the entrance, corridors, elevators and escalators servicing the building are limited to ingress to and egress from the tenants' premises for the tenants and their employees, licensees and invitees, and no tenant shall use, or permit the use of, the entrances, corridors, escalators or elevators for any other purpose. No tenant shall invite to the tenant's premises, or permit the visit of, persons in such numbers or under such conditions as to interfere unreasonably with the use and enjoyment of any of the plazas, entrances, corridors, escalators, elevators and other facilities of the building by other tenants. Fire exits and stairways are for emergency use only, and they shall not be used for any other purpose by the tenants, their employees, licensees or invitees. No tenant shall encumber or obstruct, or permit the encumbrance or obstruction of any of the sidewalks, plazas, entrances, corridors, escalators, elevators, fire exits or stairways of the building. Property Management reserves the right to control and operate the public portions of the building and the public facilities, as well as facilities furnished for the common use of the tenants, in such manner as it deems best for the benefit of the tenants generally. No tenant or licensee, invitee or employee of a tenant shall bring or keep any pet in the building.
2. Property Management may refuse admission to the building outside of ordinary business hours to any person not known to the watchman in charge or not having a pass issued by Property Management or the tenant whose premises are to be entered or not otherwise properly identified, and Property Management may require all persons admitted to or leaving the building outside of business hours and business days to register. Any person whose presence in the building at any time shall, in the reasonable judgment of Property Management, be prejudicial to the safety, character or reputation of the building or of its tenants may be denied access to the building or may be ejected therefrom. During any invasion, riot, public excitement or other commotion, Property Management may prevent all access to the building by closing the doors or otherwise for the safety of the tenants and protection of property in the Building. Property Management may require any person leaving the building with any package or other object to exhibit a pass being removed, but the establishment and enforcement of such requirement shall not impose any responsibility of Property Management for the protection of any tenant against the removal of property from the premises of the tenant. Property Management shall not in any event be liable to any tenant for damages or loss arising from the admission, exclusion or ejection of any person to or from the tenant's premises or the building under the provisions of this paragraph. Canvassing, soliciting or peddling in the Building is prohibited and every tenant shall cooperate to prevent the same.
3. No tenant shall obtain or accept for use in its premises towel, barbering, bootblacking, floor polishing, cleaning or other similar services from any persons not authorized by Landlord in writing to furnish such services, provided that the charges for such services by persons authorized by Property Management are comparable to charges for similar services in other first class office buildings in Atlanta, Georgia. Such services shall be furnished only at such hours, and under such reasonable regulations, as may be fixed by Property Management. No tenant shall operate a cafeteria or restaurant within the premises.
4. The cost of repairing any damage to the public portions of the building or the public facilities or to any facilities used in common with other tenants, caused by a tenant or the employees, licensees or invitees of a tenant, shall be paid by such tenant.
5. No projections over or around any window shall be installed by any tenant, and only such draperies or window blinds as are permitted by Property Management shall be used in a tenant's premises. Linoleum, tile or other floor covering shall be laid in a tenant's premises only in a manner approved by Property Management, and shall in no event be cemented to any floor of the tenant's premises.
6. Property Management shall have the rights to prescribe the weight and position of safes and other objects of excessive weight, and no safe or other object the weight of which exceeds the lawful load for the area upon which it would stand shall be brought into or kept upon a tenant's premises. If, in the judgment of Property Management, it is necessary to distribute the concentrated weight of any heavy object, the work involved in such distribution shall be done at the expense of the tenant and in such manner as Property Management shall determine. The moving of safes and other heavy objects shall take place only outside of business hours upon previous notice to Property Management, and the persons employed to move the same in and out of the building shall be reasonably acceptable to Property Management and, if so required by law, shall hold a Master Rigger’s or equivalent license. Freight, furniture, business equipment, merchandise and bulky matter of any description shall be delivered to and removed from the premises only in the freight elevators and through the service entrances and corridors, and only during hours and in a manner approved by Property Management. Arrangements will be made by Property Management with any tenant for moving large quantities of furniture and equipment into or out of the building. All labor and engineering costs incurred by Property Management in connection with any moving specified in this rule shall be paid by the tenant to Property Management, on demand.
7. No dangerous, inflammable, combustible or explosive object or material, other than standard cleaning products, shall be brought into the building by any tenant or with the permission of any tenant.
8. No acids, vapors or other materials shall be discharged or permitted to be discharged into the waste lines, vents or flues of the building which may damage them. The water and wash closets and other plumbing fixtures in or serving any tenant's premises shall not be used for any purpose other than the purposes for which they were designed or constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, acids or other foreign substances shall be deposited therein.
9. No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows in any tenant's premises and no lock on the door therein shall be changed or altered in any respect. Additional keys for a tenant's premises and toilet rooms shall be procured only from Property Management, who may make a reasonable charge therefor. Upon the termination of a tenant's lease, all keys of the tenant's premises and toilet rooms shall be delivered to Property Management and tenant shall give to Property Management the explanation of the combination of all locks for safes, safe cabinets, and vault doors, if any, in the premises.
10. All entrance doors in each tenant's premises shall be left locked when the tenant's premises are not in use. Entrance doors shall not he left open at any time.
11. Hand trucks not equipped with rubber tires and side guards shall not be used within the building.
12. Smoking of tobacco products (including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes or similar utensils) is expressly prohibited in the lobby, hallways, elevators, building entrances, restrooms, stairwells and Common Areas in and around the building. Tenant shall not permit any of its employees, agents, servants, licensees, contractors or invitees to smoke in those areas specified in the immediately preceding sentence. Tenant further agrees to prohibit smoking within the premises. In order to comply with present or future laws, regulations or guidelines of governmental entities relating to workplace health and safety, Property Management retains the right to further alter, move or eliminate such smoking areas from time to time and to establish regulations relating thereto as Landlord reasonably deems necessary or appropriate.